Since it was sold by the gram and marked up quite a bit over the current market price for silver, I only picked up a dozen of these.
Fortunately, I brought these beautiful moonstones along with. They were actually quite expensive and are also relatively soft. When I started working with them, I actually ruined quite a few stones. It's a shame. Moonstones are beautifully opalescent, and look different from every angle. I love these, since each stone is unique.
The iolite is the perfect compliment to the bluish hues in the moonstone.
Since all of these gems were purchased in strands, I could actually make a couple similar pairs of earrings. They are light and pretty, but I probably wouldn't make these except by special order or as gifts.
Maybe I should go back to Akasukabashi and look for more of these beads. Hehehehehehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment