You may have noticed some subtle changes around here... like a completely new name up at the top? Anyway, I'm in the process of overhauling my Etsy shop, to include a more eye catching storefront and some other things.
So, who's Leilani? She's my baby girl! We asked her Tutu (grandma) Evie to help us pick out a middle name. When she suggested Leilani, Dad and Grandpa Steve locked on to it like Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB gun. Why? Because of a little barefooted girl running around in an old John Wayne movie called Donovan's Reef. It was filmed on Kauai in the 1960's, and my dad actually remembers being on a flight with Lee Marvin following filming. (He was a kid at the time, returning from a baseball tournament.) Personally, I think the movie is completely misleading about life on a tropical island AND dreadfully BORING, but what do *I* know?
Here's a trailer for the morbidly curious:
Lest you think we're totally crazy, the baby's first name is Audrey... after Audrey Hepburn. Actually, if you knew us, you'd know we're crazy. But you know, that's just part of the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment